Other Ways to Support the MarineBio Conservation Society
Since 1998, MarineBio has been a nonprofit volunteer marine conservation and science education group working online together to educate the world about ocean life, marine biology marine conservation, and a sea ethic. To continue, we simply need your help. No gift is too small and all gifts are put to immediate use and are greatly appreciated.
You can support the MarineBio Conservation Society affordably and effectively with a monthly gift. Our secure donation page gives you the option to make a recurring monthly gift.
Honor Friends and Family with a Special Gift
Let your friends and family know that you care about them and that you care about the marine environment by making a donation to the MarineBio Conservation Society in their name. A gift membership to the MarineBio Conservation Society makes a great gift to celebrate special occasions! Members will receive a number of benefits. See our membership benefits page for more information.
Make a gift in memory of a loved one to honor their legacy and to help us raise awareness about marine conservation and the pressing need to preserve the ocean and its marine life for the sake of ours and future generations.
Help ensure a healthy ocean for tomorrow by remembering the MarineBio Conservation Society in your will or by taking advantage of other creative giving tools. To learn more about planned/estate giving at the MarineBio Conservation Society, please contact us at +1 (713) 248-2576 PST or email@example.com
Donations and memberships to the MarineBio Conservation Society (MarineBio.org, Inc.), a US 501(c)3 nonprofit charity, are tax-deductible. MarineBio's tax identification number is: 14-1955707. If you prefer to join or make a contribution to the MarineBio Conservation Society by mail, please send checks or money orders to: MarineBio.org, Inc., 1995 Fairlee Drive, Encinitas, CA 92024 USA.
MarineBio Ocean Gear Shop at Zazzle.com
Show your support for the MarineBio Conservation Society by visiting our Zazzle.com shop and purchasing customizable MarineBio Conservation Society merchandise to wear, share, or give.
MarineBio Shop at Amazon.com
Use this link while shopping at Amazon.com or purchase products through our Amazon affiliate shop, and a percentage of your purchases will be donated to the MarineBio Conservation Society at no cost to you. Know of a great book, DVD, etc. we should recommend? Email us its Amazon page at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wish List/In-Kind Donations
You can donate new or used items on our wish list below or purchase them from a vendor to be sent to our offices. In the United States, In-Kind Gifts are tax-deductible to the full extent of the law:
MarineBio Conservation Society Wish List (in no order of importance):
- Society Membership Gifts: interesting ocean or marine life related books, DVDs/Blu-rays, sea life stuffed animals, games/posters for kids, IMAX/movie tickets, sea life photos/prints/paintings/jewelry, etc.
- Underwater Photography/Video Gear (to produce online HD marine species videos, PSAs, etc.): Canon VIXIA HF G10 video cameras, Light & Motion Bluefin OLED (Canon G10) Housings, Fathom 90 Wide Angle Lens, Sola 4000 Video lights, Seatool 400XTi Underwater Housing Package for Canon Rebel XTi, etc.
- Scuba Gear: drysuits, regulators/octopus, air/nitrox computers, buoyancy compensators, etc.
- Boats: 16'-24' nearshore skiffs, >34' sail or motor boats for offshore research projects, and of course, any type of submarine or airplane.
- Computers/Servers: desktops/laptops all kinds, to be used for testing, development, research/data collection, and presentations. Servers are needed for mirroring primarily and as backups. Current dedicated servers are running Windows Server 2008 R2 (64bit) + MS SQL 2005, MySQL (latest), .NET/ASP/PHP with Xenon E5430 CPUs @2.66Ghz + 8GB RAM.
- Miscellaneous: Office space in Santa Barbara, CA, frequent flyer miles, dive liveaboard discounts, etc. for Expeditions.
Volunteer with the MarineBio Conservation Society
Our amazing volunteers deserve the greatest credit for helping to make the MarineBio Network and the MarineBio Conservation Society what it is today. In over a decade, countless people have come forward to made wonderful suggestions, point out problems and errors, and contributed their time and effort in so many ways it would be hard to list them all. Currently we have volunteers from all over the world writing about species, ocean science and marine conservation, and yet we have much left to do. If you have experience with any of the following and would like to help, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com
- Marine Biologists or Marine Life Scientists as marine species group Directors, see /scientists.asp
- Online Research (especially if you're a biologist)
- Writing, especially online about environmental issues such as those involving marine conservation
- Editing/proofing, especially online content
- Interactive Media/Online Video (especially Flash and YouTube movie production)
- Web/Mobile Design (How could MarineBio.org be better, etc?)
- Web Programming (JQuery/AJAX, ASP/.NET/MS SQL, PHP/My SQL, FLASH, Mobile Tech, Security, Server Management/Mirroring, SEO...)
- Marketing (especially for online nonprofits)
- Online Education Production (especially if you have experience with producing online material for K-12)
- Communications/Social Networking
- Language Translations (English > Spanish, German, French, Chinese (simplified), Hindi, Arabic, Italian, Russian)
- Fundraising (especially for nonprofits)
- Venture Capital/Corporate Sponsorships
- Grant Writing (again especially for nonprofits)
Join the MarineBio Conservation SocietySpread the Word!
Lastly, you can help by spreading the word about MarineBio in various ways online by getting involved in our forums, blog, Facebook page or Group page, on Twitter, etc. We also have a page where you can get various images to put on your blog or web page, every bit helps!
Feedback & Citation
Start or join a discussion below about this page or send us an email to report any errors or submit suggestions for this page. We greatly appreciate all feedback!
Help Protect and Restore Ocean Life
Help us protect and restore marine life by supporting our various online community-centered marine conservation projects that are effectively sharing the wonders of the ocean with millions each year around the world, raising a balanced awareness of the increasingly troubling and often very complex marine conservation issues that affect marine life and ourselves directly, providing support to marine conservation groups on the frontlines that are making real differences today, and the scientists, teachers and students involved in the marine life sciences. Join us today or show your support with a monthly donation. Join the MarineBio Conservation Society With your support, most marine life and their ocean habitats can be protected, if not restored to their former natural levels of biodiversity. We sincerely thank our thousands of members, donors and sponsors, who have decided to get involved and support the MarineBio Conservation Society.